Welcome to Taylor and Associates Law P.C.
Employment Based Visa and Green Card Options in Brooklyn, New York
Areas We Serve
A large part of the U.S. economy is supported by immigrants. Currently, US law allows only a certain number of foreigners each year to be eligible to become permanent residents. Unfortunately, this is not the only annual limitation. Each year, no more than 7% of green cards made available to immigrants through employment are permitted to be awarded to each country. This limit creates very long waiting lists in some countries.
In order to apply for an employment based green card, the foreigner’s employer must file an Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker. Unless there is a waiting list for that particular country, the foreigner can file an Application to Register Permanent Residence. In order to qualify for the employment-based green card, an immigrant must fall under at least one approved category:
- Extraordinary ability in the sciences, the arts, education, business, or sports
- Outstanding international achievements as a professor or a researcher in an academic field
- Multinational executive or business manager
- Member of a profession that requires an advanced degree
- A person whose employment would greatly benefit the United States (NIW)
- Possession of a US bachelor’s degree, seeking entry for a job that requires one
- A skilled worker with at least two years of experience or training
- An unskilled laborer with less than two years of experience
Foreigners who have already been granted a green card or have become U.S. citizens can then apply for specific immediate family members to become permanent US residents. If you are interested in the process of applying for an employment based green card in Brooklyn, New York or anywhere in the United States, contact an immigration attorney at Taylor and Associates Law P.C. today.
L-1A – Intercompany Transferee Visas
An L1 visa is a non-immigrant work visa. It allows foreign managers (L-1A), executives (L-1A), or workers with specialized knowledge (L-1B) of an international company to relocate to their company’s US office. Normally, an L1 visa is valid for three years before it needs an extension. Managers and Executives may file for an adjustment of status with this visa for US permanent residency and obtain their green card. Anyone who holds a valid L1 visa can leave and re-enter the US freely. Their spouses (L-2) may also work legally in the US and their children are free to attend US schools. Adult children, however, are not permitted to work in the US. For more information on Intercompany Transferee Visas or adjustment of status cases in Brooklyn, New York or throughout the US, should call an immigration attorney at Taylor and Associates Law P.C. for expert guidance.
ARE YOU A NONIMMIGRANT AND YOU ARE HAVING DMV ISSUES?
We may be able to help. Contact us to inform of your specific circumstances and we will share with you a folder to upload all of the documents submitted during your DMV appointment.
The fee is $150 for the review, to determine what, if anything, can be done. We will try to assess your situation and provide a response within 7 business days.
The fee does not guarantee a particular outcome, and you should be aware that your issue may not have a timely resolution, or any resolution for that matter.
We will utilize all of the resources available to us to achieve a favorable result for you.
H1-B Status-Visa for Specialty Occupations
The H1-B Status Visa is a non-immigrant visa, allowing US companies to hire workers in graduate level specialized fields. A US bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent work experience, is required. Currently, US immigration law is limiting the number of H1-B Status Visas each year. In order to be approved, an employee must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a US bachelor’s degree or higher, or the foreign equivalent
- Hold a certification or license permitting work in the specialized industry
- Possess expertise through related job experience
Due to the stringent restrictions on Visas for Specialty Occupations, it is very important to use an immigration attorney when applying for an H1-B Status-Visa for Specialty Occupations in Brooklyn, New York.
The EB-5 program was created to stimulate the US economy via job creation through foreign investment. An EB-5 investor is required to invest a certain amount of money into a new commercial enterprise or a troubled business.
“Taylor and Associates Law, P.C. did fabulous work for our employee who needed his H1-B. Excellent communication and follow up at every turn. They made a very confusing process extremely easy. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.”
Latest From The Blog
- GREAT NEWS! – You may no longer need to travel outside of the U.S. to get your E, H, L, O, or P visa stamped in your passport
- Understanding Your Immigration Benefits: The Dangers Of Providing An Essential Service To The Legal Marijuana Industry
Family Based Visa and Green Card Options in Brooklyn, New York
Family based immigrant visas are split into two types: immediate relatives and family preference. An experienced Brooklyn, NY immigration attorney can advise you on which type is appropriate for your family or guide you in your adjustment of status case. Immediate relative visas are not limited in number and include:
- IR-1: the spouse of a U.S. citizen
- IR-2: unmarried children of a U.S. citizen under 21
- IR-3: orphans who were adopted abroad by a U.S. citizen
- IR-4: orphans who will be adopted by a U.S. citizen
- IR-5: parents of a U.S. citizen over 21
Family preference visas are limited by quantity each year. These visas are used for more distant relatives of U.S. citizen and lawful permanent residents, and include:
Contact Us Now For A Consultation
Brooklyn Real Estate Services
In addition to immigration services, Taylor and Associates Law P.C. offers transactional real estate services. If you or someone you know is considering buying or selling a home or a business, contact Taylor and Associates Law P.C. today to make sure that your interests and the interests of those you love are protected during vital real estate transactions.